Indian consumers remain most optimistic, among nine nations surveyed by Credit Suisse, about their current and future finances and relatively lower inflation expectations. According to Credit Suisse Emerging Consumer Scorecard 2016, India topped the chart, while China and Saudi Arabia shared the second position.
Rural Development Birender Singh has said that is ministry has released a central share of Rs. 12,230 crore to the states for implementation of its flagship programmes under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
The Union Textiles Minister Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar inaugurated the Apparel and Garment Making unit in Bodhjungnagar Industrial Growth Centre, in Agartala today.
- Uma Bharti Inaugurates Water Films Festival
The Union Minister for water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti has inaugurated the Water Film Festival as a part of the India Water Week celebrations in New Delhi.
- This is the the 4th edition of India Water week.
iii. The film festival is organized by the Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS). WAPCOS is a Public Sector Unit under Ministry of Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.The theme for this year’s India Water week is “Water for all: Striving together.
- Rajasthan Becomes the first state in India to clear land title Bill
- Rajasthan has become the first state to pass land title bill.
- State Assembly passed the Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Bills 2016.
iii. State government will set up an authority which will be headed by an Indian Administrative Service Officer. It will seek all the documents from the landowners, and will verify it against records held by the state.
- The authority will first issue a provisional certificate, for which the state will not stand guarantee. If there are no objections or dispute arises, the authority will issue a certificate and a map to the owner with state guarantee.
- The Provisions in the bill fillip towards good governance and Ease of Doing Business also the bill will boost land acquisition in the state and also benefit authorities as no capital expenditure will be required from their end. The bill provides for land for infrastructural development and enables the government to consolidate small land holdings. The land holders, in return, will get an equivalent share of development land.
- $200-mn Pact Inked To Study TAPI Project
- Shareholders of the Turkmenistan- Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) Pipeline Company Limited signed an agreement to invest $200 million in studies and engineering for the $10 billion project to transport natural gas to energy-hungry countries like India.
- The agreement signing ceremony was witnessed by TAPI and senior government officials of Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Asian Development Bank officials in Ashgabat, capital of Turkmenistan, according to a statement by ADB.
iii. The agreement would pave the way for delivery of long-term natural gas supplies to Pakistan by addressing its energy shortages.
- Saudi Arabia And Egypt To Build Bridge Across Red Sea
- Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has announced an agreement with Egyptian President Abdul-Fattah al-Sisi to build a bridge over the Red Sea connecting the two countries.
- The announcement made on the second day of visit of Saudi Arabia’s King to Cairo.
iii. The name given to this bridge after the Saudi king is King Salman bin Abdel Aziz Bridge.
- The planned bridge would help in boosting commerce and trade between the two allied countries. This historic step will also connect the two continents, Africa and Asia.
- The estimated cost to this bridge is around $4 billion.
- Federal Bank–Phillip Capital Tie-Up Announced At Singapore
- Federal Bank, the Indian Banking major in the private sector, entered into a strategic partnership with Phillip Capital (India) Pvt. Ltd, a subsidiary of the Singapore headquartered Phillip Capital group, for managing NRI Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS).
- Mr. Shyam Srinivasan, MD & CEO, Federal Bank and Mr. Lim Hua Min, Chairman of Phillip Capital Group, Singapore exchanged the MoU announcing the tie-up.
iii. PIS is a route designated by the Reserve Bank of India for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) to invest in Indian Equity Markets for purchase of shares and convertible debentures listed on registered stock exchanges in India.
- Phillip Capital is an integrated financial house with a global presence that offers a full range of quality and innovative services to retail, corporate and institutional customers.
- The tie-up with its Indian subsidiary will thus be a significant value-add to the NRI clientele of Federal Bank, particularly those in the non-GCC countries, who can now avail PIS using the wide global network of Phillip Capital and their experience and expertise in providing consistent and world-class customer service.
Tausif Monif Joined Lambda Therapeutic Research As Its New President
The Nobel Peace Prize awardee Mother Teresa now has been conferred with the UK’s prestigious Founders Award this year.The award is given to recognize and reward exemplary achievements of people within the global Asian community.
Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd (KNPL) has signed up with the Gujarat Lions franchise as associate sponsor for the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League which will begin on April 9, 2016.
Capital city of Manipur, Imphal, has been hosting North East-ASEAN Business Summit 2016at the City Convention Centre.
On the occasion of World Health Day 2016 that was celebrated on April 7 with theme “Halt the rise: Beat Diabetes”, WHO has released its first Global Report on Diabetes.
Washington, D.C. Headquartered World Bank presented its ambitious climate action plan that will help nations to create an additional 30 gigawatts of renewable energy, early warning frameworks and in creating climate smart agriculture investment plans for at least 40 nations.
The Vietnamese parliament elected Former deputy prime minister of Vietnam elected Nguyen XuanPhuc as the 8th Prime Mininster of Vietname parliament . He was succeeded Nguyen Tan Dung who was removed from office on 6 April 2016.California based giant HP unveiled world’s thinnest HP Spectre Notebook weighing 1 kg and as thin as 10.4 mm and Elite x3 a 5.96 inch touchscreen device that will enable users to connect seamlessly to a separate screen, mouse and keyboard
Saina sinks to World No. 8, Srikanth out of top 10 in BWF rankingDelhi CM, ArvindKejriwal has launched actor EmraanHashmi’s book titled, ”The Kiss of Life How a Superhero and my son defeated cancer”.
Merle Haggard, one of the most successful singers in the history of country music died at his farm in California on April 6, He was 79.
- The Union Government has recently constituted a B B Tandon committee to see that guidelines set for government advertisements by the Supreme Court are followed.
- An Indian-origin researcher, Ratnakumar Bugga has recently selected for NASA’s Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) programme for his concept titled “Venus Interior Probe Using In-situ Power and Propulsion (VIP-INSPR)”. The purpose of the programme is to revolutionise future space missions to Mars and beyond. Bugga is from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California, United States.
- The Union Government has approved India’s first Metrino Pod project i.e. Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) network for Gurgaon, Haryana. The financing for this ‘completely private project’ will be made by the private company that sets up the PRT in the region. Every pod of Metrino taxi can accommodate up to five passengers and the fare is likely to be similar to that of Metro rail in Delhi.
- B.G. Verghese is the author of the book titled “A State in Denial – Pakistan’s Misguided and Dangerous Crusad”. The book explores a subject of immense global significance of Pakistan and its relations with remaining World including India.
- The Pakistan Navy has successful test-fired “Zarb”, a shore-based anti-ship missile. The surface to sea missile has launched from coastal site and successfully hit the surface target in the Arabian Sea.
- The 5th edition of the joint air force training exercise “Shaheen Eagle 2016” has been conducting between Pakistan and China in Pakistan from April 9, 2016 and it will be continue till April 30, 2016.
- Anthony Joshua defeated Charles Martin in two rounds at London’s O2 Arena to claim the IBF heavyweight title in only his 16th professional fight. Joshua is also just the third man to win a pro heavyweight world title while still a reigning Olympic champion.