P.C.Thakur, IPS (GJ:79) as Director General, Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guards (FS,CD&HG)
Union Ministry for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation10 year Memorandum of Agreement with IITK for provision of continual scientific support in the implementation and dynamic evolution of the Ganga River Basin Management Plan.
Ministry was focused on cleaning the Ganga by setting up Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs) and Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs).
- The World’s largest wooden Charkha (spinning wheel) is planned to be installed at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi. This Charkha is ready for dispatch from a unit of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Ahmedabad.
Mr. V K Saxena, the chairman of KVIC
- Financial Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd. (FSS), a Chennai-based payments technology and transaction processing company, has inked agreements with six banks to provide UPI (Unified Payment Interface) solution across the country on a hosted platform.
UPI facilitates easy and seamless person-to-person (P2P) and person-to-merchant (P2M) transactions for end-customers. Suresh Rajagopalan, President (Software Products), FSS, said UPI supported all transactions. Typically, it will see FSS develop custom-built UPI app for each bank. A bank customer can download this app in his/her mobile devise, register the account number and take a virtual address.
Unified Payment Interface (UPI):
The National Payments Corporation of India has launched the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) for the next generation online payments solution. Unified Payments Interface (UPI) will provide leverage trends such as increasing smartphone adoption and deeper penetration of mobile data.
- RBI Governor – Raghuram Rajan
- National Payments Corporation of India – Mr. Balachandran M.
- Deputy Governor of RBI –
- SS Mundra
- H R Khan
- Urjit Patel
- R Gandhi
- Financial Software & Systems Pvt. Ltd. (FSS)
- Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) has decided to bring its 2×600 MW Raghunathpur thermal power project under a joint venture with Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC), offering NLC 74% stake while retaining 26% with itself.
- As per the DVC chairman Andrew WK Langstieh the two units of 1200 MW Raghunathpur project have already started commercial operation on March 31 this year but the DVC has power purchase agreements of only 550 MW. NLC, which is yet to set up a new thermal power unit, has PPAs of 650 MW in Karnataka. So both the corporations have decided to form a JV following clearances from the power and coal ministries.
- The proceeds of the stake sale would be used to repay the debt. Earlier, talks between DVC and NTPC could not crystallise into a deal. During the last financial year, DVC had been able to recover dues worth Rs 4,770 crore from the Jharkhand government.
- About Damodar Valley Corporation: The Damodar Valley Corporation is Public company which operates several power stations in the Damodar River area of West Bengal and Jharkhand states of India. The company operates both thermal power stations and hydel power stations under the Ministry of Power Govt of India. DVC is headquartered in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC)
2.Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC)
- Raghunathpur Thermal Power Station (RTPS)
- DVC chairman Andrew WK Langstieh
5.DVC is headquartered in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal
- The co-founder of Hero Cycles group, Mr. Satyanand Munjal has passed away in Ludhiana
- Nico Rosberg claimed a dominant win in an action-packed Formula One Chinese Grand Prix
- Australia has won the 25th edition of Sultan Azlan Shah Cup by defeating India in the final held in Ipoh, Malaysia. Australia notched up a thumping 4-0 victory over India. This was the 9th title for Australia at this tournament. The country has last won it in the year 2014.
- Mathura based Strike 1 Corps is conducting a major battle exercise named as ‘Shatrujeet’ in the deserts of Rajasthan near to the border of India and Pakistan. The exercise sole purpose is to evaluate the capability of the Indian Army to strike deep into enemy territory in an integrated air-land battle environment.
- A US grand jury has slapped two companies of India’s Tata group -Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) and Tata America International Corp. with a USD 940 million fine in a trade secret lawsuit filed against them.
- After days of hearing, the federal grand jury in the US State of Wisconsin ruled that Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. and Tata America International Corp. must pay USD 240 million to Epic Systems for allegedly ripping off its software. Tatas have also been asked to pay another USD 700 million in punitive damages.
- After Mumbai Central, Google in collaboration with RailTel, the telecom arm of the Indian Railways has launched the high speed public free Wi-Fi service at Bhubaneswar railway station. With this Bhubaneswar railway station became the 2nd station to be covered under the Google and RailTel Wi-Fi project.