- Union government is set to issue universal identity cards to the physically challenged with the objective of providing them easy access to various benefits being extended by the government.
- Akilesh Yadav led Uttar Pradesh government has directed all the district magistrates for plantation of 5 crore trees at 6,500 sites in 24 hours on a date fixed in month of July under the ‘Green UP – Clean UP initiative .
- Prime Minister visited the Puttingal Devi temple at Kollam, following fire mishap. The mishap happened due to the display of fireworks occurred on the last day of the seven-day ‘MeenaBharani’ festivities.
- Domestic handset maker Micromax will now integrate a new wallet offering, powered by Visa & TranServ, for its smartphone users.All the new smartphone products will have this wallet integrated. VISA brings together the merchant ecosystem & TranServ takes care of the technical aspect. Micromax users will be able to use mobile-based push payments using mVisa & make eCommerce payments.
- Royal Bank of Scotland is to close its banking operations in India It has given up on efforts to find a buyer amid concerns about an extended regulatory approval process for a deal. It was providing financial services to institutional & corporate clients, as well as retail banking, through 10 branches. It sold credit card business & mortgage portfolio to Indian lender Ratnakar Bank in 2013.