- India today joined hands with Germany to attain “pristine” status of Ganga by adopting river basin management strategies used for cleansing rivers like Rhine and Danube of pollutants.
- Haryana government decided to rename Gurgaon as Gurugram and Mewat as Nuh
- Golden Tobacco Ltd became first company in India to implement 85% pictorial health warnings.
- Author and poet Padma Sachdev on 12 April 2016 was selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman for 2015 for her autobiography titled Chitt-Chete, written in Dogri language.
- Viswanathan Anand conferred with Hridaynath Mangeskar Award 2016
- Meeran Borwankar appointed Director General of Bureau of Police Research & Development
- England Cricketer James Taylor retired from International Cricket