- India was among the first four countries to get a loan from the newly established BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) New Development Bank (NDB) which gave a $250 million funding to Canara Bank for a renewable energy project.
- Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016) in Mumbai.
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) Trust Senior Journalist Ram Bahadur Rai was selected as President of IGNCA.
- T N Ninan gets ‘RedInk Award for Lifetime Achievement in Journalism’.
- Susmita Pande appointed as chairperson of National Monument Authority.