- (26th April) is World Intellectual Property Day. The event was established by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Theme of 2016 – Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined.
- In the first bilateral meeting since the Pathankot attack, Indian Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar today met his Pakistani counterpart Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhary on the sidelines of the ‘Heart of Asia’ conference in Delhi.
- The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has identified Mumbai as the noisiest city in the country, followed by Delhi, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
- The government has made it mandatory for all mobile phones sold in India to have a panic button starting 2017.
- AnBot”, China’s first robot security guard has made its debut
- India will be hosting the 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships in Jaipur, besides organising the Asian Cadet and Asian Junior Judo Championships in September in Kerala this year.
- Rafael Nadal wins 9th Barcelona Open 2016
- Former Congolese Finance Minister Mouamba Clement has been appointed as as the new Prime Minister of the central African country
- The BCCI is all set to host its first-ever day and night cricket Test with the pink ball when New Zealand tour India. Before that, Duleep Trophy will act as a dress rehearsal for the day-night Test match. The main objective of the Duleep Trophy will be to check how the pink kookaburra behaves under the light in sub-continental conditions.